Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Chris-A-Thon here!

Hey all!

The arm/shoulder is doing better! I'd like to say thanks for all the well-wishes I have received. I went in for an MRI on on my shoulder this past Friday - the films I saw looked...interesting! Yeah. I have a follow-up appointment next week Tuesday and will find out then if I'm going to have to have surgery or not. I'm thinking I will since my shoulder comes out of joint wayyyy too easily. Thankfully I've never been pulling an order and had that happen, but there's always a first time for everything, right? ;-)

For now I'm able to keep up with orders fine, so no worries there. I pretty much insist that I use my arm the best I can after a dislocation since I don't want it to stiffen up and become even more useless, so no, Tracy isn't a slave driver. :-D

Anytime we feel that there will be a serious delay in order processing we try to let everyone ordering from us or thinking of ordering from us know ASAP so they can make the final decision on where to place their order. Thankfully that isn't the case now and hopefully won't be for awhile. *fingers crossed*

Just wanted to put in a quick update since I've been kinda silent on the blog front lately.

Read Tracy's blog entry below about BrickWorld if you haven't. It's a great event and I'm truely looking forward to going and meeting a bunch of people next month! :-)

-Chris

1 comment:

Nate Finch said...

I've dislocated my shoulder umm.... 7 or 8 times in the past 14 years. I had surgery after the second time. You can see how well it worked for me.

I think there's really only two things that help - physical therapy to keep the muscles and ligaments strong and tight, and simply being aware of how you move the arm.

That being said, surgery wasn't really a big deal. I have 3 scars about 3/4" each on my shoulder. I really only needed over-the-counter painkillers even just the day after surgery.

It is possible in the last 10 years they've gotten better at fixing these things, I dunno.