Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Antarctica anyone?

I was taking a breather in between pulling orders yesterday and was poking around on the internet for a bit and I saw something on the Yahoo home page about the coldest place on earth. Now, I'm from Wisconsin - born and raised, and while growing up with Winters like you can have up in the midwest, you think there's nothing colder than -25 with a windchill of -35. Brrrrr! I read that in Antarctica the temps. can get down to -85. Not that that should be surprising, but it IS surprising to know that there's actually people that LIVE down there - mostly scientists to be exact - in the McMurdo base.

I was intrigued and "Googled" McMurdo because I love to Google EVERYTHING and there were pictures that people posted that lived down there. There is a bowling alley, coffeehouse, restaurants, bars, you name it. I just wonder if there's any LEGO down there?

Being able to look out and just see nothing but white and mountains and seals - sounds great!

How 'bout it, Tracy? Should Brick-A-Thon make the move to the great, white south and send out our packages via pigeon? :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm...Antartica? Really? Okay!