Monday, February 11, 2008

Monday, Monday.

Tracy and I pretty much spent the day yesterday working on the store. She was adding parts and I was pulling orders. We're still getting in "size-y" orders with a lot of lots!

We also went to one of our local Wal-Marts and bought 7 more Sterilite stackable bin/drawars. We've been slowly converting our main room that holds a bulk of our inventory. When I first moved down here and started helping with the store there were file boxes full of sorted sets stacked on top of one another. So if someone ordered a part from a set that was on the very bottom of a stack you had to move every box to get to it. While it built up my arm muscles, it was a pain in the rear. Tracy got a tip from a fellow Bricklinker who suggested that these bins were the way to go. Now when we go to Wal-Mart we hit the bin aisle and pick up as many as we can. Then when we get home I transfer everything over. We probably only need to make a few more trips and it'll be complete. Needless to say it makes the whole order pulling process easier so I can get things done and out the door faster, which makes both me and the customer happy. :-)

Tracy and I (mainly Tracy) sorted some new sets that we got in, and there's still another stack of different sets that need to be done, so those will be added into the inventory this week I would imagine. Keep your eyes open!

Today I'll be working on some leftover orders from the weekend (9th and 10th). If you're expecting an invoice, it'll be coming sooner than later!

Happy Monday everyone!

-Chris

1 comment:

Mrs. Finch said...

I had been doing the "stack of tubs" route a long time, then I used some homemade wooden racks (they only fit the older style tubs) - but they take forever to make. Then I switched to the wire shelving - they go up fast, fit both style tubs. Using them with boxes instead of tubs - they fit double the brick.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2842592

They're both infinitely better than the stacks of tubs route - and it really helps me stay organized. I *just* went out and bought my first drawers - I have 5, and I don't know how i ever lived without them. They hold even more in about the same space than either racks - they're cheaper (for the amount that they hold in the same space). They save a couple steps - no taking the tub down, setting it somewhere to take the lid off and paw through it. Just open the drawer get what you need and close it. I've invested a lot of space in the rack system, so much so that I don't have room for more drawers! If i actually am able to find enough drawers (the nearest walmart isn't terribly close to me - and they only usually have 4 of those drawers at a time) - anyway, if i'm able to get enough to fit in the space where the racks are - i'll switch them out and use the racks for overflow storage elsewhere (the other spare bedroom - currently rackless). But I think i'm a long way off from doing that.

Jennifer